FARMER'S - ARTISAN'S - CRAFTER'S - MUSICIAN'S - BOOK SIGNING'S
June 24, to October 14, 2017
WIC & Senior Coupons Accepted
Farmers Market electricity now available!
Live Entertainment throughout the season.
Artichokes • Cauliflower • Lemongrass • Mushrooms • Tomatoes (cherry)
Chives • Dill • Gooseberries • Raspberries • Scallions • Radicchio • Savory • Swiss chard
To help preserve agriculture in the town by raising the profile of local farmers, growers, and specialty crafters by offering them the opportunity to directly market their product in a festive community-oriented atmosphere.
Membership is open to Farmers, Greenhouse Growers, Herbalists, Artisans and Crafters
The market will be held rain or shine every Saturday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, beginning June 24th and ending October 14th.
The Woods Pond Duo
Larry Dias & Scott McLeod
Call 508-946-1090 leave your name & telephone number I will get back to you within a day or two..
Roasted Beet and Baby Kale Salad
(Yields: 6 portions)
8 Baby Red Beets
8 Baby Yellow Beets
2 lbs. Baby Kale
2 cups Maple Vinaigrette
Croutons (French Baguette)
½ lb. Great Hill Blue Cheese
Canola Oil, as needed
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Baby Red and Yellow Beets:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Remove tops from the beets and wash
3. Keep the red and yellow beets separate, through the rest of the process
4. Toss the beets with a small coating of vegetable oil in mixing bowls
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Lay flat onto a baking sheets and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes
7. The size of the beets will determine the length in cooking time
8. To test if they are done, insert a small paring knife in the center
9. If the knife releases with no resistance they are finished cooking
10. Peel beets while still hot using a kitchen towel
11. Once clean, cut into wedges and reserve
2 tsp minced Shallot
½ tsp minced Garlic
1 tbsp. Grain Mustard
5 tbsp. Champagne Vinegar
8 tbsp. Olive Oil
8 tbsp. Canola Oil
5 tbsp. Maple Syrup
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients except oil
2. Secure bowl and slowly whisk in the oil, season to taste
Croutons (French Baguette)
1. Cut the baguette into thin pieces on a bias
2. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper
3. Bake until crispy in a 350 degree oven
To compose the salad:
1. Arrange the beets on each plate in a natural fashion to liking.
2. In a mixing bowl add the baby kale and dress lightly with the maple vinaigrette as well as salt and pepper to season.
3. Toss the kale green to coat with the vinaigrette.
4. Arrange in a mound on each plate.
5. Top each salad with croutons
6. Crumble the blue cheese into small bite size pieces and top each salad
(Please print forms below)
LocalHarvest.org New England Blues Festival